Perhaps you Have an on-premises server which you would like to have uploaded into the cloud? Or maybe you have 2 physical servers onsite, and you want to run them both on one single machine?
San Diego Tech Support Is your Strategic Partner in New Jersey for VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V consulting!
IT can get expensive the more your business grows, but there’s a simple solution: Systems Virtualization. Trust in Race Computer Services and our virtualization partner VMware to simplify IT with flexible and cost-effective virtual systems. Its cost-saving on account of your ability to run many machines on a single physical Machine.
But what IS virtualization? Simply put, it’s a method for running multiple windows machines (essentially as a windows program) using a single server.Server virtualization services or simply virtualization refers to creating a representative form of the actual object closest to the description. It the separates the resource or request for a service from the underlying physical delivery of that service. In computing terminology, it is a framework or an architecture that enables the end user to experience optimum usage of computer resources available. It allows running multiple instances of Operating systems and Applications on a single Computer where each of the operating systems runs as a self-contained machine called “Virtual Machine”.
Virtual Machine Monitor-VMM, the software layer is installed either over the host Operating System or directly onto the system hardware. The way VMM is installed determines the Virtualization Architecture the Server is dependent on. It enables switching between Virtual Machines without rebooting or hardware partitioning.
Hosted Architecture: A base OS is first installed on the system and it is upon this OS that the software layer VMM is installed to allow users to run guest OS. The communication with I/O devices is majorly controlled by the host OS with limited access to the guest OS for just a few I/o devices.
Bare-Metal Architecture: The software layer VMM is directly installed on system hardware thus allowing direct access between I/o devices and VMM. This improves I/O performance with real time OS support
Types of Virtualization
Network Virtualization: It refers to utilizing a segment of single physical network through a logical segmentation. They are deployed as logical services. It encapsulates the hardware and software network resources and functionality into a single virtual network. Each segment is independent from the other and can be assigned in real time for scaling of networks for business needs can be achieved by adding partitions.
Desktop Virtualization: VDI stands for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure popularized by VMWare. VM has all the OS, applications, Software’s been installed and is managed in one single place or in a hosted environment and then access to this system is remotely given to the end-user. End user thus uses all the necessary applications remotely without the need of installing on his local computer. As number of users grows in an organization, provision of remote access can be given thus IT Desktop support process becomes much easier.
Server Virtualization: A physical server is partitioned into multiple smaller virtual servers each having the capability to behave like an actual server with the resources of host server are masked from the user. Each virtual server can run and reboot its own OS independent from that on the other virtual server. The reduced hardware cost and increased resource utilization encourage choosing this option.
Advantages of Virtualization
In earlier times, single user required a whole dedicated system to perform various tasks. The under-utilization of resources increased the resource cost. At the same time IT Desktop support process was hard because it was not easy to have upgrades and patch management and most importantly the recovery management. Each machine had its own single OS image with Software and hardware tightly coupled. Multiple application execution created conflicts. With virtualization came the following benefits:
- Efficient use of hardware resources: Hardware independence of operating system and applications increased utilization thus reducing infrastructure costs with improved and easier maintenance.
- Increase development and test efficiency: By reducing the amount of time it takes to set up hardware and software and reproduce test environments.
- Improve server availability: By using less physical computers as would be needed in a failover configuration that uses only physical computers. Increase or reduce server resources in response to changes in demand.
- Enhanced administrative productivity and responsiveness: Virtual machines can be provisioned to any system. Eased OS and application management as a single unit by encapsulating them into virtual machines. Rapid deployment of new servers to address changing business needs.
- Better failure management: It minimizes downtime and enables continuity and recovery management
In a way Virtualization ensures that these resources are fully utilized under any unexpected circumstances and thus enabling computers to be more productive; supporting organizational wide IT infrastructure.
San Diego Tech Support Advantage:
Based on your business’s specific needs- San Diego Tech Support can provide you a tailored Virtualization Solution. Our team of experienced technicians to support you and help you achieve your business goals. We are just a call away! One of our project managers will closely work with you to ensure seamless and successful deployment of virtualization solutions.
Virtualization produces a lot of potential benefits:
- Consolidate your IT assets to accomplish more with fewer resources, saving energy and money.
- Run Macs and PCs on the same system without conflict.
- Automate many business processes with policies you determine, simplifying regulation compliance.
- Improve application performance and keep employees productive.
- Avoid fees for maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Simplify disaster recovery with easily restored and automatically backed-up systems.
- Reduce security vulnerabilities from aging or unpatched systems.
Virtualization is an advanced technology, and it’s not necessary for every business. That’s why we don’t just sell and set up virtual services – we help you determine whether you NEED virtualization. Our service includes:
- Consultation on virtualization services and analysis of your business to determine need for virtualization.
- Setup of new virtual network environments.
- Ongoing support for existing and properly running virtual environments.
- Managing desktop virtualization
- Managing server virtualization
- Managing virtualized network services
- Deploying the latest in virtual network security solutions
San Diego Tech Support provides Business IT Services for businesses, schools and healthcare offices in San Diego, California and Northern New Jersey. Additionally, we provide support services for businesses in Central New Jersey, The Jersey shore and South Jersey. So, if your business is in Middlesex county, Ocean County or Atlantic County- we have your IT covered.
Reach out to San Diego Tech Support Today at (619)866-4074 for a no-obligation review of your Technology needs.
For information on Server Administration that doesn’t pertain to Virtualization, visit: https://www.racecs.com/services/server-administratio